By Richard White, revised July 20, 2014
Top Ten Lesson Learned Flaneuring
- Thou shalt always look all ways – up and down, left and right, inside and out.
- Thou shalt stop often to look, listen and reflect.
- Thou shalt choose comfort over fashion – especially when it comes to footwear.
- Thou shalt think like a boy scout - be prepared for wind, rain, snow, sleet and sun!
- Thou shalt take the sidewalk/path/road/stairs/trail less travelled at all times.
- Thou shalt honour thy “holy weekend” by going for at least one long walk to somewhere new and different.
- Thou shalt smell the flowers – as well as the food, sewers and exhaust... and embrace them all!
- Thou shalt never over research or over plan your trip.
- Thou shalt not let photo-taking detract from “experiencing the moment.”
- Thou shalt attempt to “get lost” as often as possible.